First Device Found
Sense App Screenshots
Here are some screenshots I took throughout the Sense app.
Preliminary Calculations on Energy Costs
Through turning devices on and off, I have also figured out what some items consume.
- 50" plasma TV: ~150 watts while on. $0.009 per hour.
- 150w * .001 = .15kW * 6 cents per kWH = $0.009
- Furnace: ~200 watts for the blower fan. $0.012 / hr $26.28 / year just for air circulation
- 200w * .001 = .2kW * .06 = $0.012.
- My nest I have set to turn on the fan for 15 minutes each hour to circulate air. I figure this will help even out my upstairs and downstairs. I may see if I notice a difference downstairs after turning this feature off.
- Home Server: ~200 watts continuously $0.012 / hr $105 per year
- $0.012 /hr * 24 hrs in day * 365 days in year = $105.12
- My server runs continuously and hosts virtual machines for my business.
- 4 monitor setup: ~100 watts when on $0.006 / hr
- 100w * .001 = .1kW * .06 = $0.006.
- I have 4 monitors on my workstation and each monitor seems to take about 25 watts.
- Workstation: ~100 watts when on $0.006 / hr $50 per year
- My workstation never sleeps but doesn't need to be always on, I will likely setup a better power plan on this.